2024 Tour de Rocks - 18th - 20th April
REGISTRATIONS NOW OPEN!
It is all systems go for the 2024 Tour de Rocks Charity Bike Ride. Registrations are NOW OPEN!
We are also excited to confirm that we have a new, exciting, route! (The new route is subject to approval from all the relevant Councils, NSW Police and Transport NSW.)
• Day 1 - Armidale to Ebor (114 kms ~ +1,882m / -1,566m) This is a big day. Plenty of elevation changes and some "little hills" before arriving at Ebor for the night. Oh, we will be camping near the Ebor Hotel - just in case you need a cold drink to quench your thirst. Your bikes will be moved to Hernani - ready for Day 2.
• Day 2 - Hernani to Ulong (82 kms ~+1,283m / -1,956m) On the morning of Day 2, we will be transporting all riders, by Bus, from the campsite at Ebor to Hernani for the start of the day. This is to ensure the safety of all riders.
• Day 3 - Ulong to Woolgoolga (71 kms ~ +1,150m / -1,703m) The last day as we head to the finish line. We know that the view from the finish at Woolgoolga will be worth it.
We have added extra Drink Stops on all three days. There is also additional support, along the route, to make sure everyone is looked after. It is very exciting and challenging route. Remember, the challenge of the ride is nothing compared to what those battling Cancer are going through!
Registration Fees and Fundraising Requirements for 2024 are basically unchanged. You have the option of:- an upfront Donation; to sell Raffle Tickets; or to pay the registration component and engage in Fundraising for that part.
Can I ride the route before the event?
We know that many of you would like to check out the new route. Unfortunately, as we are riding on some private property, this is not possible. Click Here for the high level routes, distances and elevation changes.
Can I start on Day 2?
We understand that Day 1 might be a challenge for some riders. So, we have introduced the option of starting the ride on Day 2.
As part of the registration process, you will be able to select this option. You will still need to attend the start of the ride Armidale on Thursday and then camp with everyone at Ebor on Thursday night.
Is the route suitable for e-Bikes?
Yes, the route is suitable for e-Bikes. However, given the distance and elevation changes being covered, we highly recommend that you take a second (spare) fully charged battery with you.
Whilst there will be limited charging facilities available at the campsites each night, you will need to bring cables / chargers with you. You may want to consider bringing a portable powerbank with you. Remember, it is your responsibility, unfortunately, Tour de Rocks can't look after this for you.
What about the Childrens Ride?
In 2024, there will be two parts to the Childrens Ride. We all know how special it is to have the Children take part in the event.
• Day 2 - starting at Hernani and covering about 10 kms.
• Day 3 - starting at the last Drinks stop and riding the final 5 kms to the finish in Woolgoolga.
We have selected these sections for the Childrens Ride as they are very safe and suitable for Children and the entire family to ride together. It will be a very special moment to have the Children ride into Woolgoolga with all the other riders.
Need Help with Registering?
We have put together a few "Registration Instructions" that might help. CLICK HERE to have a look!
A Fundraising Page will be created for you that you are able to customise (information, photos, links to your training, blogs, special messages).
Remember to share your page via email, social media, word of mouth, any way you can to help get the message out. Fundraising is a very important part of the Tour de Rock event.
More Information Coming Soon
The Tour de Rocks Board continues to work hard on the planning for this special event. There is lots of work happening in the background and we will share details with you over the next few months.
Oh, the hard working, awesome, and dedicated Catering Crew are busy planning for the event. We are sure that everyone will be well fed and watered throughout the event.
Now, what are you waiting for? REGISTER NOW, and then jump on your bike and turn those pedals, for what is going to be a very special event!
We can't wait to see you all in April 2024!