Thanks to your amazing support, the realisation of 'Anya's Wish' is actually happening.
Through funds already raised, the Children's Cancer Institute has been able to develop innovative ways of growing osteosarcoma cells in the lab and to investigate novel drug treatments.
'Anya's Wish' is a three year research project that is making a difference. We are so proud of the advances, but we still need your help. We are making this happen for Anya and we'd just love you to join us again this year!
Together we have already raised $501,950 of the $600,000 target
Our goal for the 2023 19 for 19 Challenge is $300,000.
It's on again!
When is the walk on and what time does it start?
* Sunday 15th October 2023.
* 5:45am - Registration and T-Shirt Collection at the Armidale Visitors Information Centre.
* 7:00am - 19km and 7km event starts, after Welcome to Country.
* All walkers should have completed the course by 2:30pm.
* Buses will be ready to return you to the Armidale Visitors Information Centre.
Where is the walk being held?
* Start/Finish at "Kenwood Park" 14km East of Armidale on the Castledoyle Rd.
* The event is on land owned by the Coffey Family. The organisers would like to thank the Coffey Family for generously allowing the event to take place once again on their beautiful property. We ask all walkers to wear clean shoes and respect the land, treat it well and leave no track.
How do I get there?
* Buses have been organised to take everyone to and back from "Kenwood Park".
* Buses will depart at 6:00am, 6:15am, 6:30am and last bus 6:45am.
* There is NO parking at the event site. The bus is the only form of transport. This is to lessen the impact on the roads and to protect the paddocks.
How far is the walk and are there any age restrictions?
* There will be two walks again this year:
* 19km walk.
* 5km family / childrens walk.
What are the Entry Fees?
19 km Walk (Full Course)
Adults ( 18+ ) - $100.00
Children ( under 12 ) - $80.00
Family ( 2 Adults + 2 Children ) - $250.00
Students - $80.00
7 km Walk (Short Course)
Adults ( 18+ ) - $67.50
Children ( under 12 ) - $50.00
Family ( 2 Adults + 2 Children ) - $230.00
Students - $60.00
* Entry Fees include t-shirt and snacks for the day.
Anya was determined to help fund research into this disease to change the course of history for children suffering from osteosarcoma in generations to come.
To read more about Anya's wish CLICK HERE.